Deaf Education Teacher
School Executive Director
Competitive salary commensurate with education and experience.
Salish Sea Deaf School (SSDS) is now accepting applications for teaching positions at all levels within our rapidly growing bilingual (ASL/English) PreK-12 private school. Nestled in the Skagit Valley in Washington’s Pacific Northwest, this school will steal your heart! This is YOUR chance as an educator to truly be an integral part in a school that celebrates an inquiry approach and experiential learning. We not only welcome, but also celebrate, innovative approaches to education that maximize results! “Orca Pride” abounds as students, families and staff work towards our motto of ACHIEVING MORE! Beautiful locale, staff collaboration, opportunities for workshops/training, and hands on community involvement/application of learning are just a few of the things you can look forward to enjoying when you are a part of the SSDS team!
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in Deaf Education
- Washington Standard or Provisional Teaching Licensure
- Fluency in expressive and receptive American Sign Language (ASL)
- Fluent communication in standard written English
- Fingerprinting and background check
- Ability to use technology effectively to support instruction
- Planning, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Personal and professional judgment
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement lesson plans that ensure and maximize diverse academic, language and social needs per IEP as well as Common Core State Standards.
- Write, Evaluate, and Implement IEPs for each student.
- Work positively and collaboratively with colleagues, parents, and community.
- Follow a system of continuous evaluation and data collection of student progress consistent with established instructional objectives by using a variety of assessment techniques.
- Engage in active professional development for continuous improvement of instructional skills; make requests for specialized trainings to SSDS Executive Director.
- Adhere to procedures that create and maintain attractive, organized, functional, healthy, clean, and safe facilities.
- Assume responsibility for supervising and establishing proper expectations for students on and off campus during school hours.
- Establish and maintain effective, positive and appropriate classroom management procedures, involving administration, as needed.
- Remain current on Deaf Education theories, methods and innovative approaches as well as special education law and regulations.
- Uphold and promote school’s vision and philosophy.
- Perform any duties that are within the scope of employment and certifications, as assigned by administration or the Board and not otherwise in conflict with contract.
Applications accepted until position filled.
If interested, please submit:
Please send the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or - Mail to: Salish Sea Deaf School, 1043 Goldenrod Road, Suite #101, Burlington, WA 98233
- Letter of interest
- Current resume
- A 3-minute video clip in ASL introducing yourself, your background, and any other information you wish to share about yourself.
- Three (3) current and signed letters of recommendation