Salish Sea Deaf School is a unique independent school, established in 2015, designed specifically for the Deaf. The school prides itself on having a challenging and inquiry-based curriculum that meets students' individual learning needs. We uphold the belief in the importance of small class size, thus safeguarding the individualized attention that every child deserves.
The curriculum at Salish Sea Deaf School is progressive and flexible as the field of education itself evolves, combining traditional approaches with innovative methods, while addressing Common Core requirements.
Salish Sea Deaf School encourages each student to learn at his or her own pace meeting each student at their individual learning level to ensure development for personal growth though individualized lessons. Salish Sea helps students acheive academic excellence and the confidence to express their ideas and opinions.
- Educational Specialists Who Hold Master's Degrees in Deaf Education
- A Bi-Lingual Learning Environment
- Nurturing and Creative Classrooms
- Research Based Curricula Supporting Common Core State Standards
- ASL and Deaf Culture Curriculum
- Hands-On Project-Based Learning
- Enriching Environment Based on the Student's Needs
- Regular Interactions within Diverse Community Settings
- Small Class Sizes
- On-Site Speech Language Pathologist With 18+ Years Working With Deaf Students
- Training and Resources for Parents Regarding Education, Deaf Culture and Communication
- A unique combination of direct instruction, bi-lingual approach to curriculum and a setting where the students have the ability to communicate with everyone in their environment.
- Strong standards for literacy development with overall high expectations for yearly academic growth.
Interested in becoming a student?
To apply, speak with your school district's Special Education Director or contact us.